Respect in Sport Parent Program
In an ongoing effort to foster a safe and enjoyable environment for our athletes in our great game, the OMHA is implementing a plan to ensure the OMHA is complete Respect Integrated Organization.
Effective August 31, 2014 at least one parent or guardian of each player registered with the OMHA will be required to complete the online Respect In Sport Parent Education Program as a condition of your child’s participation.
The Respect in Sport Parent Program is a proactive, educational program that empowers parent with the tools to ensure the game is enjoyable and respectful for themselves, their children and all other stakeholders in the game. This portion of the program is only one of the three pillars of our respect platform. The Respect in Sport Activity Leader program is currently a condition of participation for all Team Officials and will be a requirement for all on-ice volunteers and all on-ice referees (age 16 and above) effective August 31, 2014. Though this mandate, all stakeholders will be introduced to the Respect education when considering the needs of our athletes.
The Respect in Sport Parent Program is an online course and you can register by going to:
Parent Respect in Sport Registration
Some Basic Program Information:
· Cost for the program is $12 and payment is done securely through PayPal.
· The Parent Program takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
· You will only need to take the program once, there are no plans for requalification/recertification
· As part of the registration process you will be asked to enter your child’s information so that we can ensure each family has completed the program.
· You can also print off a Certification Card as proof of completion
For further information can be found by visiting:
OMHA Parent RIS Information Page
Parents Rescpect in Sport
St. Thomas Minor Hockey Association