Organization | Sep 21, 2021 | Diana Wilson | 3376 views
Proof of Vaccination Requirements - Joe Thornton Community Centre and Memorial Arena
Proof of Vaccination Requirements -
Joe Thornton Community Centre and Memorial Arena
As of September 22, 2021, the Ontario government will require patrons to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status and proof of identification to enter certain businesses and facilities, with a focus on higher-risk indoor public settings.
Settings where patrons must be fully vaccinated include:
• Indoor areas where spectators watch sporting events
• Indoor areas of casinos, bingo halls, and other gaming establishments.
• Indoor areas of facilities for sports and recreational fitness activities, including personal fitness training
• Indoor areas of meeting and event spaces (e.g., banquet halls and conference / convention centers)
A person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they have received:
• The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines,
• One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or
• Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada.
• They received their final dose of COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
Effective on September 22, 2021, to enter the City of St Thomas, Joe Thornton Community Centre and Memorial Arena with limited exemptions:
• The patron must provide proof of being fully vaccinated and proof of identification at the point of entry.
• Screening and entry staff must review and confirm the proof.
• Other public health and workplace safety measures will still apply, including masking and active COVID-19 screening.
Patrons include players, participants, coaching staff, team staff, parent/guardian supervisors, spectators, volunteers, and officials.
If a patron makes the decision to not disclose their vaccination status, they will not be permitted to enter the City of St. Thomas recreation facilities.
In settings where proof of vaccination is required, patrons do not need to prove they are fully vaccinated in the following circumstances:
Individuals under a certain age:
• Children born in 2010 or later.
• Patrons under 18 years of age who are entering the indoor premises of a facility used for sports and recreational facilities solely for the purpose of actively participating in an organized sport, in accordance with Ministry of Health guidance.
Note: Spectators that are above the age of 12 are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status and proof of identification to be permitted entry.
Patrons with a written document by a physician or a nurse practitioner, stating that they are exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the effective time period:
• Must present identification and a written document.
Examples of identification documents to confirm the proof of identity include:
• Birth Certificate
• Citizenship Card
• Driver’s License
• Government (Ontario or other) issued identification card, including Health Card
• Indian Status Card / Indigenous Membership Card
• Permanent Resident Card
Everyone entering the facilities is required to complete COVID-19 active screening and must wear a face mask or face covering. All coaches and team staff are required to wear a face mask or face covering in all areas of the facilities including the dressing rooms, change rooms, and team benches.