As promised, STMHA wanted to communicate to all families what the expectations are going to be to once the season starts. Much like last season there are a number of procedures and protocols that are still place that need to be adhered to by everyone entering and exiting the arenas.
We are very excited to get going this year with our first Prep skate starting on this Saturday for rep players attending tryouts in Novice, Minor Atom, and Atom.
1. Covid Screening must be done prior to entering into any arena. The Joe Thornton Community Centre and Memorial Arena have posted at the front doors of each facility the Covid QR screening code or you can use this link:
For those who don't have a cell phone with a camera, there is a binder in the lobby of the arena that can be used for screening. To avoid lines and crowding in the lobby we encourage all players and parents to complete the screening before entering the arena. COVID-19 screening is MANDATORY every time you come to the arena.
2. Entrances are front door and exit points are the side doors each rink (same as last year)
3. Spectators are allowed in the arena to view. Maximum capacity limits are indicated at each arena ice pad. Please continue to social distance, and Masks are Mandatory for all entering the Arena.
4. Players are allowed into the arena approximately 15 minutes prior to ice time.
5. Although there will be dressing rooms available with capacity limits in place, chairs will also be set up outside the rooms for those who need to put their skates on. Please make sure that your player comes dressed and ready to put on their skates, helmets, and gloves for Peewee and below age groups. Bantam and Midget aged players are recommended to come dressed if possible. Showers can be used for the older age groups, however all must exit approximately 15 minutes after the end of your scheduled ice time. Please do not linger.
6. Games and tournaments are being scheduled as we speak between the different leagues. Check out the website, its full again!!!
7. Local League
evaluations begin Friday October 1st. Please check the STMHA Calendar for details
8. IP1 & IP2
begins Saturday October 2nd. Please check the STMHA Calendar for details
We anticipate that the requirements will change for the positive as the season progresses, please check the website and STMHA social media frequently. Please be patient with us and the City staff, we are both working to create a fun, and safe environment for all.
Wishing Everyone a Great Season!!
STMHA Board of Directors