Hello Stars Players and Families
Please read this article, there is very important information listed throughout!
I hope everyone has enjoyed their summer so far, and everyone is starting to prepare for the fall season…which means HOCKEY SEASON! It's almost amongst us!!!
The STMHA Board of Directors is hard at work preparing for the upcoming season and we wanted to communicate some important key items which I have listed below.
While there may be some lingering Covid protocols and precautions in place starting in September, STMHA is expecting a full return to pre-covid on ice hockey as we knew it for the upcoming 2021-22 season; which will include Gameplay, Tournaments, and yes...SPECTATORS. We will communicate details the best we can so everyone is aware of all restrictions before stepping foot into The JOE.
* Registration is Currently Open! - Please take the time to get registered if you plan on participating in this upcoming 2021-22 hockey season. This allows for STMHA to ensure the proper number of supplies have been ordered and the structure of teams can be finalized based on our registration numbers.
"""REGISTRATION - CLICK HERE"""
"""INTENT TO TRYOUT - CLICK HERE""
* Minor and Major Rep "A" TEAMS (2012-2004) - We will be participating completely in the Alliance Seeded A/AA league for the upcoming season. This will include Alliance Playdowns. We have started to get tryouts scheduled and populated on the association calendar. Please take a moment and sign up for tryouts (separate from the Hockey registration tab) if your child intends to try out for a Rep team with our association. Non Resident Players (NRP) should your player wish to attend "A" team tryouts from U12-U18, please remember to bring the following to the first tryout skate: 1. your player's NRP Passport (provided by your home association), 2. a copy of child's birth certificate, and 3. the tryout fee (90.00). All NRP's must also complete the intent to tryout form located on the STMHA website.
* "CC" 2nd REP TEAM - New this season, STMHA has decided to switch our current "AE2" Rep team classification to a higher classed "CC" classification. The higher classed team will participate in the stronger Shamrock Rep division moving forward instead of participating in the AE loop as they did in previous seasons. We will continue to consist of two (2) age groups on each team (Atom 2011-12/Peewee 2009-10/Bantam 2007-08). STMHA believes this change will allow for more competitive gameplay, and a stronger caliber association in the long run. Tryouts for our "CC" rep team have been scheduled and are posted on the STMHA website. We are very excited for this change!
* NOVICE Rep (U9-2013) - U9 Rep will continue to participate in the Shamrock League this upcoming season and will follow the Novice Pathways Programming. Tryouts have been posted to the association calendar.
* NOVICE Select (U8-2014) - STMHA has decided to create a minor novice (u8) team this season, which will participate in the Lambton Middlesex Local league and will run under their own (u8) division and will also follow the Novice Pathways Programming. Details and communication to follow, anticipate to get started in October.
* Local League (U8-2014 to U18-2004) - New this season, STMHA has decided to move our internal house league programming to local League from Novice (u8-u9) - Midget (u16-u18). These teams will participate in the Lambton Middlesex Local League for gameplay and travel to neighboring associations for away games. STMHA anticipates to ice 2 teams per division pending registration numbers. Local league evaluation skates will start in October. Please watch the STMHA website for details.
* IP1 & IP2 (2015-2017) - No changes have been made. Our programming will continue as it always has. IP 1&2 will start in October. We plan to resume pre covid scheduling (1 weekday and 1 weekend ice time). Watch the STMHA website for details
* Body Checking Clinic - For players born in 2008 or older who wish to participate in Rep "A" or "CC" programming, MUST first attend the one time mandatory body checking clinic (if you haven't taken in the past). Clinics have been scheduled and are posted on the association website. This training will include both classroom and on ice training the same day. GOALIES are not expected to attend.
* Coaches - We are still looking for coaches for some of our Local League (u8-u18) and Initiation Program (u7) teams, if you are interested in helping out or coaching a team, please reach out to our VP of Recreational Hockey to make your intent known.
Again, we would like to encourage you to register your child as soon as possible, so we can complete our planning and programming for the upcoming season. Thanks again for your patience over the last crazy 18 months.
Yours in Hockey,
STMHA Board of Directors