TO ALL STMHA PLAYERS / PARENTS
We hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas
break, and enjoyed some family time with loved ones!
As all are aware, STMHA and our local public health unit area, are currently in a 28 day lockdown set by the Province of Ontario. This lockdown has a tentative expiry date of January 24, 2021. STMHA is eagerly awaiting an outline of next steps. We will communicate all details once they are provided to us. Please watch our website in the coming weeks for further details. Fingers crossed, we hope we can get back soon!
The STMHA Board of Directors met remotely last week and discussed a game plan based on a few different scenarios. We felt it necessary to outline everything below:
- Registration Costs Set for 2020/21 Season – Registration costs for this season were set at $625 for House League, and $900 for Travel Teams players respectfully. Programming was set to begin Sept 2020 and run until the end of Feb 2021.
(Actual budgeted costs were suppose to be $700 for HL players and $980 for travel teams players. However, the STMHA Board decided to apply our emergency reserve $ to subsidize some of the cost for each player. A total of $62,000 between 400 players. STMHA Board of Directors wanted to help keep costs down during this unprecedented time).
- January 2021 ice times were cancelled due to the Province wide lockdown. We have been able to work with our City to extend programming until the end of March to offset the current 28 day lockdown.
- If on January 24th the lockdown gets lifted, then we will resume hockey under the new restrictions.
- In the event that this current lockdown gets extended another 28 days, then STMHA will cease all programming and will be providing all players with a credit. Each player will receive a cheque pro-rated from STMHA for the missed ice time.
- To those who have not paid their Registration costs up to Jan 1, 2021 ( HL $525.00 / Travel $700.00 as of Jan 1, 2021), please understand that this outstanding amount will appear on the Hockey Canada Registry online registration system. Your child's ability to register and be rostered to any Hockey Canada governed minor hockey association will be declined until STMHA is paid in full. We would very much appreciate you making arrangements to settle your account by reaching out to our Administrator - Vicki Fenn at [email protected] or our Treasurer Dale Nurse at [email protected] as soon as possible.
We hope this helps to provide clarity in regard to our current situation.
STMHA Board of Directors