regard to the newest announcement by our local public health unit today, the
City of St. Thomas falls under the second stage of the Ontario Framework
The full announcement can be found here:
There are five stages in this framework. I encourage anyone who has not yet read the framework to please review it using the following link:
STMHA has been in contact with with the City of St. Thomas and we have confirmed that everything will remain status quo at this time, as far as the number of participants in the facility is concerned. Increased physical distancing measures are being added for the safety of everyone involved.
It is imperative that everyone follows the current return to play plan, enforces and adheres to ALL protocols and physical distancing safety measures at ALL times:
- Digital Health Checks MUST be completed for the players, coaches, and COVID Watchers prior to entering the arena. If Health Checks are not completed, there will be no entry permitted. Please complete your Sportsheadz Account registration so that this process can easily be monitor by coaches, parents and STMHA Volunteers using the Digital Health Check Screening. Please note: Web browser entry is the preferred method for accessing the Digital Health Check, as the app is still being worked on and may not allow for health checks to be completed by all parties. We have added a direct link from the STMHA homepage or you can access it using this link: http://health.sportsheadz.com/
- Each team must have an appointed ice monitor (parent volunteer). This person will monitor players off ice and they must wear a face mask at all times.
- The ice monitor must be added to the coaching staff list to ensure they are able to monitor the completion of digital health checks on arrival.
- Due to dressing room restrictions, we ask that players continue to show up fully dressed.
- Face masks MUST be worn by all players/coaches until they head onto the ice.
- No hockey bags, please consider small duffle bags for carrying of helmets, gloves and water bottles (must be labelled).
- Front doors will be open 15 minutes prior to your skate and will be open for a few minutes to allow traffic to enter. Please show up on time as there is no guarantee you will get in if you show up late, as the doors will be locked.
- Players are to proceed directly to the assigned dressing rooms..limit of 9 per dressing room, extra bench space available in hallway of both rinks to accommodate all participants.
- Stay in the ASSIGNED dressing room until ice has been resurfaced and all gates are closed, than proceed directly to ice.
- DRESSING ROOM DOORS must remain open at all times, NO USE OF SHOWERS PERMITTED.
- Ice monitor is to stand at assigned ice gate access location by each dressing room, to ensure players remain in room, advise and direct participants while at facility and if players are seated on bench..ensure physical distancing is being followed.
- Only listed coaches/managers/development staff are permitted on the ice during practice.
- Teams are reminded to physically distance players/coaches as much as possible during drills and any game play; the use of both benches is strongly recommended during scheduled ice times to ensure players are physically distancing to the 3m guidelines.
- Players and coaches are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Avoid any unnecessary touching of property or items.
- Adhere to and strictly follow signage..DO NOT ENTER STAFF restricted areas.
- Washrooms are available in each dressing rooms, if needed plus B pad cutway or on A pad main lobby washrooms.
- Everything you bring into the rink must leave with you..garbage in, garbage out..please limit what your bring in.
- ABSOLUTELY NO WANDERING AROUND THE FACILITY.
- After practice, players go straight to dressing room, remove skates and leave out assigned exits...exits will be out the back door of each pad...players/coaches have 10 MINUTES to exit facility after practice.