Skates start Monday September 23th at Joe Thornton Community Centre. This
season we will be starting with 2 evaluation skates before we select teams. The
Convener and Coaches will make teams after the second evaluation skate and
players will begin to play and practice with their teams at that time.
We have volunteer opportunities available:
(A) On-Ice Volunteer to assist with practice(s)
rink board set-up/take-down throughout the season on game days. Helmets
are required to go on-ice.
Monday September 23th – Presstran Pad
5:45 – 6:45PM
Saturday September 28th – STMHA Pad
I know that everyone is excited to get things going for the upcoming great season. Just a few reminders for the first day...
• Full Hockey equipment is mandatory. (Helmet, Mouth Guard, Neck Guard, Shoulder Pads, Elbow Pads, Hockey Gloves, Jock/Jill, Hockey Pants, Shin Guards, Hockey Socks and Hockey Skates, and stick).
• Mouth Guards are Mandatory under OMHA Guidelines. Your player will not be permitted on the ice without one. • Bring a water bottle marked with your Player`s name on it. (the ones with the long straw work best).
• Check the Website Regularly. Any Changes to schedules will be posted through the site. To Subscribe to the website so to not miss any changes please use this link. http://stmha.net/Leagues/1861/Webcal/
• Please be sure to have your Parent – Respect in Sport completed as this is mandatory under the OMHA. http://stmha.net/Pages/2336/Respect_in_Sport/
• Rowan's Law (Concussion Safety) - Please complete the mandatory acknowledgement form(
• Have Fun!!
If you have questions or concerns, please talk to the coach, or myself. I am looking forward to introducing myself at the rink and having a great season!
STMHA VP House League